- Step 1: Cut out photo Cut out the photo you want to use into a circle that measures about 3 inches across.
- Step 2: Remove cap Remove the hanger and cap from the bulb. Then wrap the photo around a pencil, making sure the photo is facing outward.
- Step 3: Put photo inside Holding the photo around the pencil, slip it inside the bulb. Release the photo from the pencil.
- Step 4: Straighten the photo Position and straighten the photo with a cotton swab.
- Step 5: Fill the inside Get creative and glue small shells, colored tinsel, colored sand, and even popcorn to the inside and outside of the ornament.
- TIP: Gluing decorations inside will also help keep the photo in place.
- Step 6: Add date and a message Write the date on the back of the ornament with acrylic paint, and a message if you like. Finish by tying a bow around the top of the ornament and give it as a gift to the person in the picture or hang it on your own tree.
- FACT: Ornaments on the 2008 National Christmas tree were made with holographic film to make the tree look lit all day.
You Will Need
- Transparent ornament with a removable top
- Cotton swab
- Acrylic paint