- Step 1: Melt butter Melt 1/2 cup of the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 2: Add marshmallows Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and stir constantly with a spatula until they're melted. Then remove from heat.
- TIP: Be careful not to overheat the marshmallow mixture as it will burn.
- Step 3: Add food coloring Add the food coloring to the marshmallow mixture and stir until the color is thoroughly mixed in.
- Step 4: Stir in cornflakes Stir the cornflakes into the marshmallow mixture until they're completely coated.
- Step 5: Melt butter and shape wreaths Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a small bowl. Coat your fingers with the butter and form wreaths with the cornflake mixture. Place your wreaths on a cookie sheet covered in waxed paper.
- Step 6: Decorate Place three or four dots of vanilla frosting on each wreath and affix a red cinnamon candy on top of each dot.
- Step 7: Cool and store Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature and then place them in an airtight container for storage. Pass around the cookies at your next holiday party and enjoy as guests sing your praises.
- FACT: It is an Italian Christmas Eve tradition to enjoy the Feast of the Seven Fishes, in which a veritable feast of seafood is served to celebrate the Christian holiday.
You Will Need
- 1/2 c. butter
- plus 1 tbsp.
- 10 oz. miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp. green food coloring
- 6 c. frosted or unfrosted corn flakes
- Vanilla frosting
- Red cinnamon candies
- Wax-paper covered cookie sheet