- Step 1: Prepare condiments Pour condiments, like ketchup, relish, mustard, and cheese into small, airtight containers. Then put buns into a zip top plastic bag.
- TIP: Save condiment packets from restaurants instead of packaging them yourself.
- Step 2: Heat water Boil water in the tea kettle.
- Step 3: Pour water into thermos Place hot dogs into your thermos and pour the boiling water into it, submerging the hot dogs. Then close the lid tightly.
- Step 4: Put into lunch bag Place the condiments, buns, and thermos into a lunchbox or bag and head out. The thermos will keep the hot dogs nice and warm until lunchtime.
- FACT: Harry M. Stevens created the hot dog in 1900.
You Will Need
- Hot dog buns
- Hot dogs
- Small containers
- Tea kettle
- Lunch box or bag
- Restaurant condiment packets (optional)