- Step 1: Combine pine nuts, walnuts, and garlic Combine the pine nuts, walnuts, and garlic in the food processor and pulse until they're coarsely chopped.
- TIP: You can use a blender if you don't have a food processor.
- Step 2: Add basil, pepper, salt Add the basil leaves, pepper, and salt. Pulse a few more times.
- Step 3: Add olive oil Add the olive oil in a constant stream to the food processor while it is running. If using a blender, add the oil a little at a time, pulsing the ingredients as you go.
- Step 4: Add cheese Add the cheese and pulse for 1 more minute.
- Step 5: Serve Serve with your favorite dish, and store your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- FACT: Pine nuts were an important staple for the Native American Shoshone tribe before the arrival of outsiders.
You Will Need
- 1/4 c. pine nuts
- 1/4 c. walnuts
- 3 tbsp. garlic
- 5 c. fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Food processor or blender