- Step 1: Add water Add just enough water to the coffee pot to fill it just below the basket.
- TIP: There is typically a mark on the pot indicating the proper water level.
- Step 2: Add coffee Place the basket and stem in the pot. Add your coffee to the basket.
- TIP: Use 2 tablespoons of regular-grind coffee for each cup of water in the pot.
- Step 3: Remove the pot from the fire Wait until the water boils, and then move the pot to the edge of the fire. Allow the coffee to percolate slowly for five to 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Serve the coffee Remove the basket and discard the grounds. Now pour yourself a cup, and then another.
- FACT: About 15 billion pounds of coffee are shipped around the world each year.
You Will Need
- Percolator coffee pot