- Step 1: Sweep out your tent Sweep out your tent with the broom while it is set up. Use the dustpan to collect any dust bunnies and dirt piles.
- Step 2: Shake out the sides Grab a side of the tent lightly and gently shake the fabric to remove dust and dirt.
- Step 3: Brush off the bottom Brush off the bottom of your tent with your hand or your broom and set it back down on a clean tarp.
- Step 4: Fill a washbasin Fill the washbasin with cold water and non-detergent soap. Use the soft rag to wash the sides, inside and out, and the floor of the tent.
- TIP: If your tent has mildew, wash it and then dilute an enzyme-based odor remover in a wash tub. Then sponge down the entire tent, but don't rinse it off.
- Step 5: Allow to dry Allow the tent to dry away from direct sunlight.
- Step 6: Disassemble Disassemble the tent and hang it on a clothesline to ensure that the bottom of the tent dries.
- Step 7: Pack the tent away Pack the tent and your equipment away after the tent has completely dried. Store it in a cool, dry location to prevent mildew from growing on your clean outdoor bungalow.
- FACT: The Coleman camping equipment company was founded by W.C. Coleman, a typewriter salesman who had an idea to design and sell gas lanterns.
You Will Need
- Broom and dustpan
- Non-detergent soap
- Soft rag
- Soft sponge (optional)
- Enzyme-based odor remover (optional)