- Step 1: Go au naturel Hot: lingerie made from natural fibers like cotton and silk. These fabrics are often softer to the touch and more comfortable for the wearer than synthetics, and show off a woman's true beauty.
- Step 2: Narrow it down Lingerie that lights up or requires elaborate accessories? Tasteless. It's never hot for a woman to look like a cheap Halloween costume.
- TIP: Stay away from leather -- bondage is a whole different ball game.
- Step 3: Add just a hint Embellishments that subtly highlight a woman's assets: definitely hot. You want lingerie that leaves something to the imagination; too much exposure comes off as a desperate plea for attention.
- Step 4: Cut to size Stick to a woman's standard sizes to avoid overemphasizing her natural gifts; wearing undersized lingerie might as well be called the "porn star" special. Truly tasteless.
- Step 5: Pick simple colors Pick a couple of simple colors -- there's no need to break out the entire rainbow to cover a tiny section of a woman's body. Choose muted tones for more revealing pieces; soft colors can help dial back the tasteless and dial up the hot.
- Step 6: Remember who's wearing Always pick lingerie that's designed to make the wearer feel comfortable and confident. A woman looks sexy when she feels sexy; in or out of the bedroom, hot is all about attitude.
- FACT: Archeologists found the ancient Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamen buried with 145 fine linen loincloths, all of which he had worn.
You Will Need
- Natural fibers
- Subtle embellishments
- Appropriate sizes
- Muted colors