- Step 1: Copy your pictures Have your pictures color copied and reprinted before attempting to remove the rubber cement, in case removing it causes damage.
- TIP: Scan the photos at home to have a digital back-up.
- Step 2: Rub Rub your finger in a circular motion over the rubber cement until it rolls up into a ball.
- Step 3: Peel off Peel the glue off and discard.
- Step 4: Apply adhesive remover Apply an adhesive remover to loosen the rubber cement, if necessary. Use a spatula to gently separate the rubber cement from the photos.
- Step 5: Store Store the photos or re-glue them into another scrapbook. Enjoy preserving your memories.
- FACT: In 1826, the first permanent photograph was made using a sliding wooden box camera made by Charles and Vincent Chevalier in Paris.
You Will Need
- Adhesive remover
- Optional: (optional)
- Scanner (optional)