- Step 1: Buy the stencil Buy a stencil set with several shapes that pertain to the page you're designing. Look for initials if you're designing the scrapbook for someone else as a gift.
- Step 2: Place the stencil Place the stencil over the area you want to design, holding it firmly in place.
- TIP: Drafting or masking tape can also be used to hold it in place.
- Step 3: Trace Use a sharp pencil to outline the design, and then move the stencil to the next area.
- Step 4: Color Color the design with markers, acrylic paints, or colored pencils. Mix and match colors to get striking results. With patience and care, you'll have a beautiful scrapbook that can last a lifetime.
- FACT: The wife of 13th U.S. President Millard Fillmore maintained a scrapbook chronicling her husband's death.
You Will Need
- Sharp pencil
- Acrylic paint
- Colored pencils
- Drafting tape or masking tape (optional)