- Step 1: Collect water Collect water from the lake with the bucket and bring it to your campsite.
- Step 2: Hang rope Hang a clothesline between two trees to dry your clothes after washing them.
- TIP: Wash your clothes before the heat of the day, so they'll be dry by the time you will need them.
- Step 3: Drop clothes into bucket Drop your dirty clothes into the bucket and soak them in the water.
- Step 4: Lather with soap Lather each item of clothing with phosphate-free soap and scrub the clothes with your hands to clean them.
- Step 5: Rinse Rinse your clothes in the bucket of water and then ring out the excess water.
- Step 6: Hang clothes Hang your clothes on the line with clothes pins and allow them to dry.
- Step 7: Dump water Dump the soapy water onto a rocky or sandy area to allow for evaporation.
- FACT: Phosphates are a food source for algae and can cause algae growth to increase, which may make water sources unsuitable for drinking and swimming.
You Will Need
- Clothes pins
- Rocky or sandy area