- Step 1: Go first Be the first to pick a card from the deck and move your piece. Players who go first have a slight edge to win at Candyland over later players.
- Step 2: Remove picture cards Remove all the picture cards to prevent your opponent from advancing past you -- though this will make for a longer game.
- TIP: Thoroughly shuffle the deck each time you start a new game to prevent repetitive playing or similar outcomes for each player.
- Step 3: Invite more friends Invite more friends to play to sift through the deck faster and decrease your chances of drawing a bad card.
- Step 4: Use shortcuts Take advantage of the shortcuts through Rainbow Trail and Gumdrop Pass whenever possible.
- Step 5: Get lucky Get lady luck on your side -- Candyland often boils down to nothing more than a game of chance, so any bit of luck you can get will lead you to victory.
- FACT: A Harvard study found that people who indulged in candy or chocolate lived on average almost a year longer than those who abstained from sugar.
You Will Need