- Step 1: Lie down Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- TIP: This exercise can also be performed by beginning with your left ankle over your right knee.
- Step 2: Place hands behind head Cross your hands on your chest or place them behind your head.
- Step 3: Lift Lift your shoulders off of the floor and aim your right side, or right elbow towards your left knee.
- TIP: Focus your attention on your midsection as you crunch up.
- Step 4: Exhale Exhale as you lift, and hold for a second.
- Step 5: Return to starting position Return slowly to the starting position. Inhale on the way down.
- Step 6: Repeat Repeat for 8 to 15 repetitions, then switch to the other side. Feel the power in your core.
- FACT: The largest muscle in the human body is the gluteus maximus.
You Will Need