- Step 1: Assess your computer's multimedia hardware Assess your computer's multimedia hardware before creating a multimedia PowerPoint presentation. An enhanced video card is especially important for playing back video.
- Step 2: Sign into your YouTube account Sign into your YouTube account and go to MyVideos under your user name's dropdown menu. Click on Uploaded Videos and select a video clip.
- Step 3: Click the Download to MP4 button Click the Download to MP4 button to convert the YouTube video to a PowerPoint-compatible file format. Save the file to your desktop or a folder.
- TIP: Be sure that you have a current version of PowerPoint that's compatible with MP4.
- Step 4: Open your PowerPoint presentation Open your PowerPoint presentation and select a slide. Click on the Insert tab, click on Video, and click Video from File to browse for the downloaded video.
- Step 5: Click Insert Click Insert. Then test video playback in the slide.
- TIP: If the video doesn't play back, check that you have the latest version of QuickTime and/or Adobe Flash player.
- Step 6: Resize the video in the frame Resize the video in the frame by dragging the sizing handles displayed around the image. You can also drag the video to a new slide location.
- FACT: Members of the U.S. military command, including Generals Petraeus and McChrystal, have relied on PowerPoint for staff briefings in Afghanistan and Iraq.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Current version of Microsoft Office
- YouTube account
- Latest version of QuickTime and/or Adobe Flash player