- Step 1: Soak area Flush the glued clothing with cold water.
- Step 2: Rub the area Rub the area with a scrub brush or a toothbrush. Repeat until the glue softens and dissolves.
- Step 3: Dip into nail polish remover Dip an old toothbrush into a small amount of nail polish remover with acetone.
- TIP: Straight acetone can be used but can discolor synthetic fabrics made with acetate.
- Step 4: Brush back and forth Brush back and forth to remove the glue. Remember to keep super glue away from a child's reach.
- Step 5: Treat the area with stain remover Treat the area with stain remover; then wash it according to fabric label directions.
- FACT: Superglue was sold commercially to the public beginning in 1958.
You Will Need
- Scrub brush
- Nail polish remover with acetone
- Stain remover
- Acetone (optional)