- Step 1: Take short showers Keep your showers a maximum of 10 minutes long and keep the water cool.
- Step 2: Use added-fat soaps Use a soap with added fat, like cocoa butter, which will leave a beneficial oily film on your skin.
- Step 3: Scratch skin Test your skin for dryness by gently scratching an area with your nail. If your scratch leaves a white mark, indicating that your skin is dry, exfoliate with a loofah to moisturize your skin.
- TIP: Avoid products with fragrance, color, or that are antibacterial, which can irritate skin.
- Step 4: Take multivitamin Take a multivitamin daily.
- Step 5: Get sleep Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night to let your skin renew itself each night.
- TIP: Avoid smoking, drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, tanning beds, and sunbathing.
- Step 6: Drink tea Drink plenty of tea, which is full of antioxidants. Green tea is well known for its high amounts of antioxidants.
- Step 7: Use sunscreen Use a daily moisturizer containing sunscreen with a minimum SPF value of 15, or 30 in the summer, to help prevent wrinkles and skin cancer. Now enjoy your healthy, glowing skin!
- FACT: 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
You Will Need
- Cool water
- Soap with added fat
- Moisturizer with SPF