- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.
- Step 1: Maintain a healthy diet Build muscle tone by maintaining a healthy diet. Eat lean protein, green vegetables, whole grains, and fruit. A healthy diet is just as important as exercise.
- TIP: Stay away from processed foods and alcohol.
- Step 2: Incorporate aerobic exercise Incorporate aerobic exercise 20 to 60 minutes at a time, four to five times a week, to burn fat and reveal muscle tone. Swimming, cycling, and yoga are great choices.
- Step 3: Add strength training Add strength training to your workout three times a week. Studies show that people who want to lose weight and tone up should use heavier weights and fewer repetitions.
- TIP: The weight should be heavy enough so 10 repetitions are challenging.
- Step 4: Change your routine Change your workout routine to challenge and keep the muscles guessing.
- Step 5: Hydrate with water Hydrate your body during and after a workout. Drinking water while you exercise allows the muscles to stay flexible which will help improve muscle tone.
- Step 6: Take a multivitamin Take a multivitamin to help the body grow healthy tissues and metabolize proteins and fats.
- Step 7: Take a day off Keep your body rejuvenated by taking a day off. Working out everyday will lead to muscle fatigue which can delay muscle growth and definition. Have a great workout.
- FACT: Smooth, skeletal, and cardiac are the three different types of muscles in the body.
You Will Need
- Healthy diet
- Aerobic exercise
- Strength training