- Step 1: Choose decorative towels Choose towels that have an interesting pattern, design, or color to make your cake visually appealing.
- Step 2: Make the base Fold the large towels in half lengthwise and roll one of them loosely. Use pins to secure the second folded towel to the end of the first and finish rolling.
- Step 3: Continue wrapping towels Fold, wrap, and pin the other towels and stack them vertically from largest to smallest like the tiers of a cake.
- TIP: You can get cardboard rounds from a pastry shop and use them to give each layer more stability.
- Step 4: Wrap in ribbon Wrap each bundle with the silk ribbon and practice your bow-tying skills to add elegance to the towel cake.
- Step 5: Add details Add details, such as real or artificial flowers, small appliques, and other particulars depending on the festive occasion.
- Step 6: Top with a gift Top the towel cake with a small gift, such as jewelry, soaps, bath oils, or even an electronic device.
- FACT: Scholars have suggested that the 3-tier wedding cake may be based on the shape of the spire of Saint Bride's Church in London.
You Will Need
- 2 large towels
- Straight pins
- 2 medium towels
- 2 small hand towels
- Silk ribbon
- Cardboard rounds (optional)