- Step 1: Find the wishbone Find the wishbone between the neck and the breast. Peel the skin around the neck back until you locate it. Then grasp firmly and pull the Y-shaped wishbone out, and set it aside to dry.
- TIP: You can dry the bone on low heat in the oven for faster results.
- Step 2: Hold the bone Hold the very bottom of one of the bone's forks with the tips of your forefinger and thumb with one hand while your opponent grabs the other side.
- Step 3: Count and wish Close your eyes and, on the count of three, make your wish and pull the wishbone apart.
- Step 4: Open eyes Open your eyes and see who has the larger part of the wishbone. Whoever has the larger part of the wishbone has won and their wish will be granted.
- FACT: Turkeys were first domesticated by the Aztecs in Mexico.
You Will Need