- Step 1: Use complementary colors Use makeup colors that complement and highlight your irises. Experiment with different shades to find the ones that best complement your particular eyes, hair, and skin tone.
- TIP: Shades of bronze and gold complement any blues eyes, but also try softer and lighter colors, such as pink for light blue eyes and deeper colors, like purples and blues, for darker blues.
- Step 2: Perfect eye shadow Apply eye shadow in 3 parts -- a medium color that covers your eyelids, a darker color in the crease, and a highlight of a lighter shade just under your brows.
- Step 3: Finish eye makeup Finish eye makeup with eyeliner and mascara for your lashes to create an attractive outline for your eyes.
- Step 4: Apply makeup to lips and cheeks Stay within the same group of complementary colors when applying makeup to your lips and cheeks.
- Step 5: Follow with fashion Highlight the color scheme from your eye shadow and lip makeup by wearing clothes with tasteful gold accents, or gold jewelry and accessories, for an all-over fashionable look that will make your baby blues shine.
- FACT: The gene for blue eyes is recessive and shows up only when there are no genes for other eye colors.
You Will Need
- Complementary makeup colors
- Makeup application techniques
- Matching clothing