- Step 1: Be direct Set some ground rules with your parents regarding your love life. Clearly and calmly outline your thoughts on late nights out, sleepovers, and times you can be alone with a date -- you can appreciate having a roof over your head while still maintaining your independence.
- Step 2: Maintain your privacy If your parents get nosy about your dates, politely ask them to butt out -- you'll talk to them when there's something worth discussing. Hit the emotional jackpot by telling them a date needs to be worthy before you introduce them to the most important people in your life.
- TIP: If you're really daring, discuss your sexual exploits with your Mom and Dad in full, graphic detail -- after one story, they'll never ask you again.
- Step 3: Address the reality Don't apologize to dates about your housing situation; thanks to student loans, credit card debt, and high rents, many people live with their parents. If you're staying at home while pursuing your dream, talk about what you're working toward, rather than dwelling on how you share a bathroom with your hairy father.
- Step 4: Use your head Be considerate of your parents if your date spends the night. Stay fully clothed when you and your date walk around the house, limit the PDA, and save the bedroom jungle noises for when you finally get your own place.
- TIP: Don't pretend your parents are oblivious -- locking doors and blasting music when your date's over will just make everyone feel awkward.
- Step 5: Find alternatives If intimacy is a problem at home, get creative. Learn how to get it on in unusual places -- "in a car":http://www.howcast.com/videos/6630-How-To-Have-Sex-in-a-Car, on the beach, at the library -- and impress your date with your nimble mind and your nimble body.
- Step 6: Act your age Act like an adult if you want to be treated like one. Cook, clean, and care for yourself, lay low, and start saving to get your own love nest ASAP!
- FACT: In 2009, a 28-year-old living with his parents sold a TV show to CBS based on his Twitter feed of funny things his 73-year-old dad said.
You Will Need
- Graphic story (optional)