- Step 1: Know how Yelp ads work Know how YelpAds work: When consumers use Yelp to find a great local business, they start by entering a search query, along with a location. While you can’t directly influence the natural search results, which are based on factors such as reviews and distance from the user, YelpAds provides the opportunity to display sponsored links above them. In addition to the sponsored search links, your business will also appear prominently on other relevant pages on Yelp. Having YelpAds in these places ensures that customers looking for a business like yours can easily discover your business.
- Step 2: Create your YelpAds campaign Build an advertising campaign; Yelp has options for every budget. To create your ad, just write a brief description of what’s great about your business. Your ad space can also be used to promote a special offer or event for your business. You can set a daily limit that aligns with your desired budget, and you’ll only pay when someone clicks on the ad and is directed to your business listing. You can stop advertising or edit the ads at any time. Yelp makes it easy.
- TIP: More options exist to enhance your business profile. To learn about Yelp’s full service-advertising packages, which can include video and a dedicated Account Manager, go to "yelp.com/advertising":http://www.yelp.com/business/advertising or call 877-YELP-ADS.
- Step 3: Sit back, relax, and track Sit back, relax, and track your campaign’s success from the business owner dashboard.
- FACT: YelpAds was so successful for Ike's Place, a San Francisco eatery, that they now recommend customers call ahead for "sandwich appointments."
You Will Need
- Yelp Business Owner's Account