- Step 1: Wash towel with baking soda Throw your towel into the washing machine with a 1/4 cup baking soda.
- TIP: You can throw in any other like-colored laundry with the towel to run a full load.
- Step 2: Run wash Run the washing machine using hot water. Allow it to complete a full wash cycle.
- Step 3: Pour vinegar into washer Pour 1/4 cup white vinegar into the washing machine with your regular detergent.
- Step 4: Run wash cycle Run the wash cycle again, using hot water.
- Step 5: Dry towel Place the towel, along with any other laundry you choose, into the dryer to dry on the hottest setting. Use the longest setting to ensure the towel dries thoroughly.
- TIP: Make sure any laundry you put into the dryer with the towel is safe to dry on the hot setting.
- Step 6: Check towel for dryness Check the towel to make sure it is completely dry before folding and putting it away. Take a good sniff of your fluffy towel the next time you bathe and enjoy the non-funkiness.
- FACT: Baking soda is commonly used as an antacid, a cleaning agent in toothpaste, a pain reliever for canker sores, and it can even draw venom out of a jellyfish sting.
You Will Need
- 1/4 c. baking soda
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- Laundry detergent
- Clothes dryer