- Step 1: Consider buying an iPod nano Consider buying an iPod nano with a built-in FM tuner that receives local FM radio stations. The FM tuner was introduced in the 5th-generation nano.
- Step 2: Learn to use the Nano's FM tuner Learn to use the FM tuner. Click on the Nano's radio menu and use the clickwheel to tune in FM channels.
- TIP: The Nano's Live Pause feature allows you to pause and resume a live radio broadcast.
- Step 3: Consider buying an iPod Touch Consider buying an iPod Touch. While it doesn't have an FM tuner, iPod Touch streaming radio apps can be downloaded from the iTunes Store.
- Step 4: Choose an app Choose what kind of radio app you want to download. There are apps for national radio stations, satellite radio, and even city-specific radio stations.
- Step 5: Learn about special radio apps Learn about other streaming apps where users enter a favorite song's title or artist, and the app creates a "station" that plays similar songs and artists. Now plug in your headphones or hook up your speaker station and enjoy radio on your iPod.
- FACT: For over 10 years, Apple Chairman and CEO Steve Jobs has received an annual salary of just $1.
You Will Need
- iPod nano or iPod Touch
- Internet access
- iTunes Store account
- iPod Touch radio apps
- Headphones or speaker station