- Step 1: Download converter Download a free copy of an MP4 to WMV converter, such as WinFF.
- Step 2: Add MP4 to conversion window Add the MP4 file to the conversion window of the converter program, by clicking the Add button.
- TIP: If you use a different converter, the buttons may be slightly different, but the process to convert will generally be the same.
- Step 3: Choose Microsoft format Choose the Microsoft format from the Convert To drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Choose WMV format Choose the WMV generic format from the Device Preset drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Select the save location Select the file location for the new WMV file in the Output Folder address bar.
- Step 6: Click Convert Click Convert to begin the file conversion.
- Step 7: Open the file Open the file from the preselected output folder or from within Windows Media Player to test it for usability and play it as many times as you like.
- FACT: The first movie studio in the United States, The Black Maria, was built by Thomas Edison in 1893 in West Orange, New Jersey.
You Will Need
- Internet Access
- MP4 to WMV converter
- such as WinFF
- Saved MP4 file