- Step 1: Grind the coffee Freshly grind your coffee. Using fresh, whole beans makes for the best-tasting coffee, so pick up an inexpensive coffee grinder and start making coffee like the pros.
- TIP: Inexpensive coffee grinders can be purchased for as little as $20. However, if you're willing to shell out some big bucks, you can find some pretty fancy ones for about $250.
- Step 2: Heat the water Heat the water until it's very hot but not boiling.
- Step 3: Set your cone Set your cone on your cup, insert the filter, and add your preferred amount of coffee grounds. The recommended measurements are around 2 tablespoons per 6 ounces of water.
- TIP: Both reusable and disposable filters are available.
- Step 4: Pour the water Pour the water over the coffee. There are a few different ways to do this: one way is to constantly pour very slowly over the coffee for one to four minutes. You can also use the stop and go method where you pour and then stop, pour and stop.
- Step 5: Enjoy Remove the cone, and enjoy this yummy treat. You'll be surprised at the caliber of coffee the pour-over method produces.
- FACT: The top five coffee-producing countries in the world are Brazil with 22.5 million bags per year, Colombia with 10.5 million bags, Indonesia at 6.7 million bags, Vietnam at 5.8 million bags, and Mexico, which produces 5 million bags.
You Will Need
- Coffee grinder
- Pour-over cone