- Step 1: Wear something eye-catching Wear one eye-catching detail. A funny or unusual T-shirt slogan, a dash of sequins, brightly colored shoes, or a bold, offbeat accessory will make people notice you immediately.
- Step 2: Be confident Carry yourself with confidence. Having good posture and outgoing body language will make you seem at ease with yourself and attract attention from others.
- Step 3: Lead, don't follow Act like a leader. Do your own thing and don't follow others. You'll automatically set yourself apart.
- Step 4: Display skills and knowledge Display your skills at parties or become an expert on various subjects. You'll be able to talk at length and have people hanging on your every word.
- TIP: Work on public speaking if your current skills are lacking.
- Step 5: Focus on others Focus on the person you're talking to and maintain eye contact. If you look like you are absorbed in an interesting conversation, others will want to know what you're talking about.
- TIP: Having a loud, commanding voice is a plus.
- Step 6: Have fun Have fun wherever you are. People will be naturally drawn to you.
- FACT: Red is the most attention-getting color in the spectrum -- it can raise blood pressure and make the heart beat faster.
You Will Need
- Eye-catching detail
- Leadership ability
- Skills and knowledge
- Public speaking skills (optional)
- commanding voice (optional)