- Step 1: Send a letter Put a smile on a soldiers face by sending them an E-card. Go to militaryecard.com to get started.
- Step 2: Send a care package Show your support by sponsoring a care package to the troops. Many websites offer care package services if you don't have a specific soldier in mind.
- TIP: Popular care package items include toiletries, phone cards, and sunscreen.
- Step 3: Donate blood Donate blood to the soldiers by contacting the American Red Cross at 1-800-GIVE-BLOOD.
- Step 4: Look for a parade Check your local newspaper for a parade in your area honoring soldiers for Armed Forces Day.
- Step 5: Display a flag Show your patriotism by proudly flying an Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, or American flag.
- TIP: Online stores have a large selection of military flags and flagpoles.
- Step 6: Educate your children Educate your children about the history of the armed forces. Let them know what the day means to you.
- Step 7: Volunteer Take the time to reflect on those who are serving our country. Find out how you can volunteer by visiting "serve.gov":http://www.serve.gov/. Have a happy Armed Forces Day!
- FACT: The first Armed Forces Day was celebrated on May 20, 1950.
You Will Need
- Care package