- : Acetone should not be used on fabrics that contain acetate or triacetate.
- Step 1: Place fabric on flat surface Place your clothing or fabric on a flat surface with the stain facing down.
- Step 2: Use acetone Get a corner of a paper towel or the tip of a cotton swab wet with nail polish remover or acetone.
- Step 3: Dab on the stain Dab the stain with the solvent, repeating until the stain is removed.
- TIP: Use a new applicator each time you go over the stain to prevent the stain from spreading.
- Step 4: Wash your clothing Wash the clothing in the warmest water that is safe for the fabric. When the wash cycle is complete, your clothing will be stain-free.
- FACT: The Revlon cosmetics company was founded by a nail polish distributor and a nail polish supplier in 1932.
You Will Need
- Flat surface
- Paper towels or cotton swabs
- Nail polish remover or acetone
- Washing machine