- Step 1: Cut out 2 hearts Draw a heart on card stock and cut it out. Then, cut out another heart with a perimeter that is 1/4 to 1/2 inch smaller than the first heart.
- Step 2: Cut a strip Cut a strip of card stock that is 2 inches longer than the perimeter of the smaller heart. Make it wider than 1 inch -- the width of the band will determine the height of the box.
- Step 3: Cut a 1-inch strip Cut another 1-inch wide strip the same length as the first strip. Glue fabric over the hearts and bands with the hot glue gun.
- Step 4: Glue the band ends Wrap the narrower band around the perimeter of the smaller heart, overlap the ends, and glue them together. Do the same with the larger band and heart.
- TIP: Start the bands at the top center of each heart and overlap at that point to ensure a tight fit.
- Step 5: Glue bands to hearts Glue one edge of the smaller band to the bottom edge of the smaller heart with the hot glue gun. Then, glue one edge of the larger band to the top edge of the larger heart.
- Step 6: Allow glue to set Test out the fit of the lid and adjust the band if necessary before the glue dries. Allow the glue time to cool and set.
- Step 7: Glue trim Glue ribbons or fancy trim to the edges of your box to decorate it for Valentine's Day. Line the bottom of the box with a piece of wax paper, and then fill with your sweet's favorite sweets.
- FACT: February 14th became a holiday when Pope Gelasius declared it a day to honor St. Valentine in 469 CE.
You Will Need
- Card stock
- Hot glue gun
- Ribbons or fancy trim
- Wax paper