- Step 1: Go for masculine style Go for a white shirt in a crisp, cotton fabric, such as poplin or twill, with a masculine cut. Avoid feminine adornments, pleating, stretch, or darts.
- Step 2: Get the right fit Get the right fit. It should be neither baggy nor super tight.
- TIP: If it gaps in the bust or hips when you sit down, go up one size.
- Step 3: Wear it to work Wear your white shirt under a classic little black dress to work. For another office-appropriate look, tuck your shirt into Bermuda shorts, add a leather belt, and finish the look with conservative heels.
- Step 4: Wear it on weekends Wear it on weekends, untucked, with skinny jeans and the sleeves rolled up. With other pants or skirts, tuck it in, toss on a cardigan sweater, and undo the top two buttons. Pair it with denim cut-offs and sandals for a casual vibe.
- Step 5: Dress it up Dress up a white shirt with a single, bold accessory, like a large statement necklace or a cuff bracelet. Pair it with your favorite jeans or black leggings and killer heels and you're ready for a night out.
- FACT: The pop group Plain White T's earned two Grammy nominations for their 2006 hit song, "Hey There Delilah."
You Will Need
- Right cut and fabric
- Proper fit
- Little black dress
- Bermuda shorts
- Skinny jeans
- casual pants
- and a skirt
- Bold accessories
- Killer heels