- Step 1: Visit PayPal.com Visit the PayPal website at PayPal.com and sign up for an account using a valid email address.
- Step 2: Activate the account Activate the account by opening the automatically generated email sent to your inbox, clicking on the link in the email, and entering your password.
- Step 3: Link your cards Link your credit or debit card from the Account Profile Page by entering the card number, security code, and your billing address.
- Step 4: Link your bank account Link your checking account through the profile page of your PayPal account by providing your account and routing numbers.
- TIP: Linking a bank account allows you to transfer funds from PayPal to your bank and from your bank to your PayPal account.
- Step 5: Confirm bank account Confirm the bank account by checking your statement for two small deposits made by PayPal. Enter the deposit amounts at your PayPal account page to finalize the process.
- FACT: Jane Snowball, of Gateshead, England, made the first online purchase in 1984 using her television and remote control.
You Will Need
- E-mail address
- Credit or debit card
- Checking account