- Step 1: Write a list Write a list of the candies you are looking for so you don't forget one of your childhood favorites.
- Step 2: Search the internet Search the internet for sites that specialize in retro and rare candy. There are several companies that specialize in finding old-time favorites.
- Step 3: Visit a candy shop Visit retro-themed candy shops. You can find information about shops in your area on the internet or through friends.
- TIP: Call before going if you don't want to browse the shop's selection to find what you want.
- Step 4: Research the manufacturer Find out the name of the company that manufacturers the candy you're looking for and get their contact information.
- Step 5: Call the manufacturer Call the manufacturer directly. They may be able to supply you with a list of retailers that carry what you want, or you may be able to order directly from them.
- Step 6: Make an order Order your sugary treats and get ready to chow down on the snacks that bring back so many happy feelings from your childhood.
- FACT: Necco Wafers, which are hard, disk-shaped confections, were carried into battle by Civil War soldiers.
You Will Need
- List of candies
- Internet access