- Step 1: Prepare the fire Light your campfire and let it burn until you have hot embers.
- TIP: Make sure you light your fire in an open area far from trees, tents, and shrubbery.
- Step 2: Make foil packages Cut several pieces of foil 18 to 20 inches long.
- Step 3: Add ingredients Add a handful of popcorn kernels and a teaspoon of oil to each piece of foil.
- Step 4: Seal and cook Fold the foil in half, then twist the sides to form a seal. Then attach the pouches to long sticks. Place the pouch either directly on the coals or slightly above. Wait for the kernels to start popping. Once your hear no more popping noise, remove your popcorn and open the pouch.
- TIP: Use caution when opening the pouch, as it will be very hot and steamy inside.
- Step 5: Add spice and eat Add a bit of salt, butter, and even sugar if you like, and enjoy your yummy treat in the woods.
- FACT: Archaeologists have found 1,000-year-old kernels of popcorn in Peru and Utah.
You Will Need
- Popcorn kernels