- Step 1: Dress plainly Dress in plain, clean clothes with muted colors that are neither too dated nor too hip -- avoid bright logos and graphics.
- TIP: Ask people you know who are attending the event what they will be wearing, and what they think others will wear.
- Step 2: Match behavior Match the crowd's behavior by copying what the people around you are doing -- if they are jumping and screaming, be sure to do the same.
- TIP: Stick to the most dense part of the crowd, individuals around the perimeter are easier to spot.
- Step 3: Hide features Hide your features with a hat or glasses and use makeup to cover scars, birthmarks, or tattoos that may separate you from the other clones.
- Step 4: Learn the language and culture Learn the language and be familiar with the culture and customs of a foreign country to avoid standing out.
- Step 5: Buddy up Buddy up with another lost soul in a similar situation -- after all, it's more difficult to single someone out in a crowd when there are two of you.
- FACT: Squid, octopuses, and cuttlefish can change color to match their surroundings, despite the fact that cephalopods are color blind.
You Will Need
- Plain clothing
- Knowledge of enviornment
- Research skills (optional)