- : Never use dry ice without adult supervision. It can cause serious injury if used improperly.
- Step 1: Mix up some punch Make a batch of your favorite punch in a plastic punch bowl; then, place the bowl inside another bowl with a diameter that's at least 3 inches bigger.
- TIP: Make your punch orange or black to give it some spooky style.
- Step 2: Add the dry ice Use tongs or wear thermal gloves to pick up chunks of dry ice without burning your skin. Place the chunks in the larger bowl, encircling the perimeter of the smaller bowl.
- Step 3: Activate the dry ice Just before your party begins, pour warm water over the dry ice to make the punch bowl look like it's smoking.
- TIP: Place the bowl in a well-ventilated area that younger children can't reach to avoid any mishaps.
- Step 4: Add more Add more dry ice and warm water to the larger punch bowl as the party continues to help the effect last.
- Step 5: Serve it Throw back your head and cackle as you ladle out your scary, smoking surprise.
- FACT: A number of scientists believe that Mars' south pole is prone to dry-ice storms.
You Will Need
- Plastic punch bowl
- Slightly larger plastic punch bowl
- Dry ice
- Tongs or thermal gloves
- Warm water
- Food coloring (optional)