- Step 1: Stick with a classic style Stick with a classic style dress that is not too tight, so your bridesmaids will be able to add a layer underneath for warmth. Consider dresses with sleeves or even a high neckline.
- TIP: A-line shaped dresses flatter just about every body type.
- Step 2: Choose a heavy fabric Choose a heavy fabric -- it will conceal any added layers underneath.
- TIP: Crepe silk, satin, and velvet are perfect choices.
- Step 3: Skip the mini skirts Skip the mini skirts. Dress your bridesmaids in long, evening gown-length dresses. Short, cocktail lengths are for spring or summer ceremonies.
- Step 4: Choose jewel colors Choose darker, jewel-toned or metallic colors that complement the season.
- Step 5: Add accessories Add accessories to their dresses. Spruce up their look with opera-length gloves, a jacket, or a wrap. Add a touch of faux-fur around the collar or the top of the sleeves for the perfect winter accent.
- FACT: Princess Diana's wedding dress was designed by Welsh designers David and Elizabeth Emanuel.
You Will Need