- Step 1: Choose an invitation size Decide what size and style you want your invitation to be, and how you want it to reflect the theme of the shower, if there is one. Then, purchase card stock and envelopes.
- TIP: Paper stores that specialize in invitations are a great place to get inspiration and supplies.
- Step 2: Select an image Search the internet for a picture or graphic that fits your theme to print on the invitation and save the image to your computer.
- TIP: Make sure that images you copy from the internet are medium to high resolution for clear printing.
- Step 3: Set up size Open a new document and change the page size to your chosen invitation size. Set the margins at 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Insert the image you found into the document.
- Step 4: Write a cute message Spend some time thinking about the message you want to include: write something fun that highlights the theme of the event and is meaningful to the mother-to-be.
- Step 5: Insert details Beneath your message, include the shower details: the name of the mommy-to-be, the date and time, the address, and when and where to RSVP.
- TIP: If the guest of honor has a baby registry, you may want to include the registry information on the invitation or on a smaller card in the invitation envelope.
- Step 6: Adjust fonts and placement Adjust your fonts, colors, text, and image placements to give the invitation an appealing look, and then proofread all information to make sure the details are correct.
- Step 7: Assemble and send Assemble the invitations and envelopes for addressing and mailing. Send invitations to all guests and the special mommy for a fun day of eats, treats, and crib sheets.
- FACT: Born September 2004, at only 26 weeks gestation and weighing 8.6 ounces, Rumaisa Rahman became the smallest surviving baby on record; she was released from the hospital after 5 months at a weight of 5.5 pounds.
You Will Need
- Card stock
- Theme (optional)