- Step 1: Shop around Shop around and lie on all types of mattresses in many different positions. If you have a sleeping partner, shop together so you can find one that works for both of you.
- Step 2: Check for proper support Check the mattress for proper support. Make sure that the firmness of the mattress will provide the support you're looking for. The mattress should be firm enough to keep your spine aligned.
- Step 3: Pick the right size Pick the right-sized mattress. If you have a sleeping partner, never buy a mattress smaller than a queen -- everyone tosses and turns in their sleep.
- Step 4: Investigate durability Investigate the durability of the mattress and ask the salesperson to show you a diagram or sample of the inside of the mattress. Determine how long the mattress should last before it has to be replaced.
- Step 5: Make sure it is comfortable Make sure the mattress is comfortable -- the cushion over the support of the mattress should mold itself to your body. If there is not enough cushion, the heavier parts of your body will ache from insufficient padding. Now enjoy a restful night's sleep on your new mattress.
- FACT: Most healthy people move over 40 times a night, including more than 10 full body rollovers.
You Will Need