- Step 1: Brush your teeth Brush your teeth following each meal. Use a quality electric toothbrush to effectively massage your gums.
- TIP: If bleeding occurs while brushing, adopt a more vigorous brushing and flossing regimen, and have your teeth professionally cleaned.
- Step 2: Reduce your sugar consumption Reduce your consumption of sugar, which promotes the growth of plaque.
- Step 3: See the dentist Maintain regular visits to the dentist. Go at least twice a year.
- Step 4: Use a mouth rinse Use a mouth rinse containing the antimicrobial agent chlorhexidine to remove excess bacteria. Now you're on your way to getting your smile back.
- FACT: A study published in the Journal of Periodontology in 2009 reported that the routine intake of green tea may help promote healthy teeth and gums.
You Will Need
- Electric toothbrush
- Dental floss
- Low sugar consumption
- Mouth rinse