- : Always consult a physician before attempting any new exercise or exercise plan.
- Step 1: Create hourglass shape Create an hourglass shape by doing squats. Stand with your feet 8 to 9 inches apart, extend your arms in front of you, and squat your hips backward. Do four sets of 15 to 20 squats, working several minutes at a time.
- TIP: Tone your waist and hips using a Hula-hoop for 10 minutes a day. You'll get curves and feel like a kid again.
- Step 2: Use dumbbells Build shoulder and back muscles by lifting dumbbells out from your sides for resistance. Lift 10 times each set, four sets a day. The broader your shoulders and outer thighs, the narrower your waist will look.
- Step 3: Work abdomen Work your abdomen to straighten your posture. Alternate hanging each arm while holding a dumbbell, bending at the waist toward the side with the weight. Hold for five seconds while flexing your knee, and then straighten your body again.
- Step 4: Get curves Concentrate on your obliques by performing stretches to enhance a large chest and distract from the waist. Emphasizing those upper curves will seem to shrink your midsection.
- Step 5: Work your stomach Craft a tight belly to improve your silhouette. Sit on a bench and lean back until your abs engage to hold you up. Twist slowly and reach or punch to the right, then the left, stretching and challenging your stomach muscles.
- Step 6: Walk to firm Take brisk walks to firm your legs and shape your calves and thighs. Stretch before you walk and cool down afterward.
- FACT: If Barbie stood 5 feet 6 inches tall, she would sport a 20-inch waist.
You Will Need