- Step 1: Woo him Instead of leaving the celebration up to him, plan something he'll enjoy, give him a formal invitation, and insist on paying for the date. Most men can't remember the last time they were wooed on Valentine's Day.
- Step 2: Dress up Unless it's inappropriate for the activity, get all dolled up. 39 percent of men in one poll said they'd like to see their special someone in "semi-dressy evening wear" on Valentine's Day.
- Step 3: Give him a photo of yourself Give him a glamour shot of yourself taken by a professional photographer. If you're in a long-term relationship with someone you trust, consider having tasteful nudes done.
- TIP: Save some money by asking a local university to recommend a talented photography student.
- Step 4: Give him bragging rights Spring for something that gives him bragging rights with his buddies.
- Step 5: Fulfill a wish Think of an experience he'd love to have and make it happen; there are companies that specialize in fantasy wish fulfillment. Not sure what's on his dream list? Ask his friends.
- Step 6: Say "I love you" Say "I love you." Amazingly, a study found that men are more eager to hear those three little words on Valentine's Day than women are!
- FACT: An estimated 600,000 couples get engaged on Valentine's Day.
You Will Need
- Grand plan
- Evening wear
- Professional photo
- Impressive gift
- Wish fulfillment
- Declaration of love
- Photography student (optional)