- Step 1: Give roses Go the traditional route and buy your girlfriend red roses, the romantic gift idea that never misses. Come up with a note written from your heart to melt hers.
- Step 2: Buy clothing Buy clothing but be careful to stick to the labels, stores, and styles she prefers. Select anything but pants, which are far too easy to get wrong.
- TIP: Err on the side of buying something too small, rather than too large.
- Step 3: Search for jewelry Search for the kind of jewelry she normally wears, whether ornate, or simple. Avoid getting a piece exactly like what she already has so she knows how observant you are.
- Step 4: Cook for her Cook a big dinner. Class it up with steaks and all the fixings, and use linen napkins, fine china, and silver. Finish the meal with hand-dipped strawberries or expensive chocolates.
- TIP: Even if the presentation, taste, or quality ends up falling short, you score points for trying to do something nice. It's the thought that counts.
- Step 5: Make a basket Stock a basket with nuts, flowers, candy bars, wines, perfume, and her favorite magazines. Let her know you care and notice the little things.
- Step 6: Pop for a spa Spend the cash for a lush spa to spend quality time together. Relax, turn off the cells, turn on the music, and pamper her.
- FACT: The National Retail Federation projected Americans in 2006 would spend over $13 billion for Valentine's Day, up 22 percent over 2001.
You Will Need
- Gift basket
- Spa resort