- Step 1: Join the iTunes store Join the Apple iTunes Store. Once you're a member, you can select all of your songs from List View in iTunes, right-click on the selection, and then select Get Album Artwork. If you want to add artwork for a full album in your playlist, go to Album View, right-click on the first song, and select Get Album Artwork.
- TIP: Since iTunes will likely not carry every album in your collection, you may get a message saying "Could not get artwork for some albums."
- Step 2: Manually add artwork Manually add artwork by going to Album Flow View from the View menu in iTunes or by clicking on the farthest right button of the three next to the "search" field.
- Step 3: Highlight songs Select all of the songs in which you'd like artwork. The bottom left area of the screen shows a box titled "Selected Item" over a white field that says, "Drag Album Artwork Here."
- TIP: If you don't see the "Drag Artwork Here" box, click the far right button in the lower left corner of the screen. The button's icon is a box with an up arrow in it and activates the "Show or hide artwork or video viewer."
- Step 4: Find a picture of the album Enter the name of the album and artist into a search engine and find images of the album artwork.
- Step 5: Copy and paste Right-click on the album image and select Copy Image. Then go to iTunes and right-click on the Drag Artwork Here field. Select Paste, and the cover art will be pasted to the Drag Artwork Here field and into the blank field above the album title and artist in the Cover Flow.
- Step 6: Use artwork saved to your computer Use images on your computer by highlighting the first song of the album, right-clicking on the highlighted area, and selecting Get Info. Then click on the Artwork tab, click Add, and find the artwork you want to use. Select the image, click OK, and the image will appear as the album artwork.
- Step 7: Sync your iPod Copy your music from iTunes to your iPod -- or sync your iPod -- and all of your album artwork will be visible on your iPod screen.
- FACT: As of early 2010, the Black Eyed Peas pop hit "I Gotta Feeling" was the top-selling digital song in history.
You Will Need
- iTunes Store membership
- Internet access
- Saved images