- Step 1: Learn the basics Learn the basics of HTML, including how to lay out a header and body, by searching for an online tutorial for beginners.
- Step 2: Search the internet Search the internet for free HTML code that will help you design cool layouts, applications, and special effects.
- TIP: Find what you're looking for by entering the keywords "HTML tag," plus the format you want to add to your design, such as "images" or "videos," into a search engine.
- Step 3: Search for color codes Enter "Hex codes" into a search engine to get color codes for hundreds of shades that you can use for fonts and backgrounds.
- Step 4: Enhance with XHTML and CSS Enhance your website designs by using the more advanced XHTML code set or combining HTML with CSS style sheets as an option.
- Step 5: Buy a reference guide Buy a reference guide of organized HTML tags and attributes if you want something you can make notes in. Options range from handy pocket guides to thick manuals full of design tips. Now create your own site!
- FACT: 99 percent of American universities are expected to be equipped with wireless internet by 2013.
You Will Need
- Online tutorial
- Search engine
- Reference guide