- Step 1: Choose bright colors Choose a pair or two of inexpensive bright-colored sandals. They may only go with a couple of outfits but they will brighten your mood when you wear them.
- Step 2: Steer clear of over-the-top trendy Steer clear of over-the-top trendy styles if you want to wear your shoes for more than a year or two.
- TIP: Choose a patent leather sandal instead that will be acceptable for years to come.
- Step 3: Add a pair of flats Add a pair of ballet flats to your shoe wardrobe. These are great for giving your legs a rest from the heels or just when you want to dress down for the day.
- Step 4: Look for a formal pair Look for a formal high-heeled sandal. Wear them to dress up jeans or with a summer dress or skirt.
- TIP: Tan, nude, or metallic colors will match just about everything.
- Step 5: Choose comfort over style Buy comfortable shoes. Do not waste your money on shoes that do not feel nice to wear.
- TIP: If the shoes you buy hurt your feet, chances are you will only wear them once.
- Step 6: Go shopping Shop your favorite stores and try on many styles. Try on all the styles that you think are cute and reflect your personality even if they look uncomfortable. Your never know -- you may just fall in love with a new brand.
- FACT: The stiletto heel was introduced at a Dior fashion show in 1952.
You Will Need
- Time to shop