- Step 1: Know the source Understand where your makeup comes from. The products' basic ingredients include zinc oxide, ultramarine, and titanium oxide.
- TIP: Quality mineral makeup is typically free from fragrances, dyes, and preservatives, which may trigger allergies.
- Step 2: Learn the benefits Learn the benefits of mineral makeup, including good, long-lasting coverage that is also easy to remove.
- Step 3: Explore products Explore the range of mineral makeup products, from foundations to blushes and eye shadows.
- Step 4: Read product labels Read product labels and consider avoiding products containing the skin irritants mica or bismuth oxychloride.
- TIP: Any product containing minerals as the primary ingredient can be labeled "mineral makeup," even if it contains chemical ingredients.
- Step 5: Compare prices Compare prices, which generally begin at $10, and consider buying sample sizes or starter kits to try out a product. Most kits include two base colors, finishing powder, and a bronzer.
- Step 6: Buy wholesale Buy mineral makeup wholesale in bulk or pre-packaged form to save money once you've found a type that highlights your natural features. You don't have to go without makeup to look natural when you apply cosmetics straight from the earth.
- FACT: Cleopatra achieved her iconic look using eye shadow made from the mineral malachite.
You Will Need
- Product availability list
- Ingredient list
- Price comparisons
- Starter kits (optional)
- Samples (optional)