- Step 1: Use syncing software Install syncing software on your computer. Syncing software comes with a cable that lets you connect your phone to your computer.
- Step 2: Use a USB cable Use a USB cable with a phone that has a USB port. You will need a cable with connector ends that fit your phone and computer.
- Step 3: Transfer the pictures via wireless Transfer the pictures wirelessly using Bluetooth or infrared transfer if your phone has Bluetooth or infrared capabilities and can connect to your computer.
- TIP: The Bluetooth transfer function may be blocked on some phones.
- Step 4: Get a card reader Get a USB card reader if your phone stores pictures to a memory card. Insert the card into the card reader and then into your computer. You can use an adapter to fit smaller memory cards.
- TIP: Many computers are equipped with card readers.
- Step 5: Add a backup plan Add an online backup plan to your phone plan. An online backup plan automatically backs up the pictures you take for an additional cost each month.
- Step 6: E-mail the pictures E-mail the pictures to yourself from the phone if your phone has e-mail capability. Attach the pictures to an e-mail and send them to yourself. Then download the pictures to your computer.
- Step 7: Look at your pictures Enjoy looking at your pictures on a larger screen, and print them from your computer.
- FACT: In 1997, Phillipe Kahn linked his cellular phone and digital camera to make the first camera phone.
You Will Need
- Syncing software
- USB cable
- Bluetooth or infrared
- Memory card
- Card reader
- Backup plan
- Data plan