- Step 1: Hold down the alt key Hold down the Alt key if you are using a PC with a standard U.S. keyboard. Press the Option key on a Mac.
- TIP: If you are using a U.S.-International keyboard layout hold down the AltGr key.
- Step 2: Type 0128 Type 0128 while the Alt key is depressed on a PC. Type the number 2 while the Option and Shift keys are depressed on a Mac.
- Step 3: Consult the character map Consult the character map on a PC by going to Programs, then Accessories, then System Tools, and clicking on Character Map. To find the character palette on a Mac, click System Preferences, then Language & Text, then Input Sources. Choose the Keyboard & Character Viewer Option.
- Step 4: Click on the Euro character Click on the Euro sign in the character map or palette, copy it, and paste it into your document.
- Step 5: Copy and paste Find a Euro sign on another document or web page, copy it, and paste it into your document. You may have to change the font and size, but your monetary symbols will be accurate.
- FACT: 11 European Union nations adopted the Euro as their currency on January 1, 1999.
You Will Need
- Character map or palette
- Internet access