- Step 1: Stop from crying Stop your lip from quivering, and the tears from falling, by taking a deep breath and counting to 10.
- TIP: Repeat the process until you feel relaxed and calm.
- Step 2: Blink your eyes Blink your eyes faster and faster to prevent the tears from falling.
- Step 3: Imagine yourself Imagine yourself in a calm, relaxing place, such as a beach. Picture sitting there, smelling salty air and watching the ocean waves.
- Step 4: Impede your tears Impede your tears by pinching the skin between your thumb and your pointer finger.
- Step 5: Say a mantra Repeat calming words or phrases, such as "relax" or "stay calm."
- TIP: Breathe and close your eyes to relax even more.
- Step 6: Distract your emotions Distract yourself from your emotions by reciting the alphabet backwards, singing your favorite song in your head, or counting the number of guests. You can enjoy the flood of emotions without the flood of tears.
- FACT: Over 1 billion people around the world watched the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana on July 29, 1981.
You Will Need