- Step 1: Pick flowers Pick flowers for your chain. Use a variety of daisies with different colors and shapes. You will need about 40 small flowers for a loose necklace, 25 for a crown, and about 15 for a bracelet.
- Step 2: Cut the stems Pinch the stems to cut them at about 4 inches. You can cut them longer or shorter depending on whether you want a looser or a tighter, busier daisy chain.
- Step 3: Slit the stems Use a fingernail to make slits through the stems, either just below the flower or at the stem's midpoint.
- TIP: If the stems are especially narrow or if you don't have long enough fingernails, you can make the slits with a knife.
- Step 4: Link the daisies Thread the stem of one flower through the slit in the stem of another flower until the bloom is against the slit.
- Step 5: Add flowers Continue adding flowers until you achieve the length you want.
- Step 6: Finish the loop Finish the loop of daisies by making a second slit in the stem of the first flower and slipping the stem of the last flower through it. Now make crowns and jewelry for all of your friends and look beautiful in your new, all-natural accessories.
- FACT: The total number of known flowering plant species exceeds 250,000.
You Will Need
- Knife (optional)